Research shows that most people spend up to 90 percent of their time indoors, mostly in their homes. With this in mind, it is very important to take precautions to improve your indoor air quality, especially with the increased pollution that is continually impacting our homes.
It is important to note that poor indoor air quality can adversely affect you and your family’s health and compromise the overall quality of life. Our elderly family members or people who have breathing problems and allergies are the ones who are mostly affected.
So what can you do to ensure that you have excellent indoor air quality? Below are a few tips to improve your home’s indoor air quality and ensure that you home is both cool and healthy.
1. Clean the Duct
Cleaning the duct improves both the air quality and the heating and air conditioning system. You can choose to either clean the duct yourself or have a professional do the cleaning. There are several reasons why you need to clean your ducts. These are:
- It helps remove irritants and contaminants, resulting in a safer and healthier indoor environment in your home.
- Cleaning removes accumulated dust so that it does not shed into your home.
- Cleaning helps to remove debris and cobwebs. This eases airflow and can increase your system’s efficiency up to a possible forty percent.
2. Install Purifiers and Air filters
Air filters and purifiers are known to collect and eliminate allergens. They also reduce the need for cleaning your ducts. Air filters have the capability of removing up to 98% of pollutants throughout your home. There are many varieties of air filters and purifiers in the market and you can seek the services of a professional to assist you in choosing the one that best suits the needs of your home. Some more advantages of the purifiers and air filters are:
- They clean the air and purify it by removing particulants.
- Some purifiers help get rid of all allergens and other impurities in the air. These are great for people with asthma as they get to breathe pure air.
- Another functionality for the air purifier is, it helps protect household furnishings, preserve room décor and reduce on housekeeping and maintenance.
As always, we LOVE helping you keep your family cool and healthy. Give us a call today at (334) 340-1111 and schedule your appointment with one of our highly trained professional technicians today.
Until next time,
Be Cool & Call Bob